Bell County CDL DWI Attorney
Getting arrested for drunk driving is extremely serious, but the stakes are even higher when you are the holder of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Not only do you face fines and jail time for a conviction, but a conviction for driving while intoxicated (DWI) can impact your livelihood. The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) lists alcohol-related offenses as a reason for disqualification, so you will not be able to drive your truck and earn a living after a CDL DWI conviction.
When your job, personal freedoms, and financial interests are on the line, retaining skilled legal help is a top priority. The Law Office of Katie L. Gomez, PLLC is dedicated to serving individuals arrested for drunk driving, so please contact our firm to schedule a no-cost consultation. A Bell County CDL DWI defense attorney can provide details, but it is also helpful to review some of the basics.
What To Know About Drunk Driving Charges if You Hold a CDL
The implications of a DWI in Texas affect your personal driving privileges in similar fashion to other drivers, but they also impact your CDL. A few notable points include:
- The blood alcohol concentration (BAC) legal limit in Texas is .08 percent for other motorists, but it is set at .04 percent for CDL holders.
- A first-time drunk driving offense is a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.
- You face a one-year suspension of your driver’s license AND disqualification as a CDL holder. The duration is extended to three years if you were transporting hazardous materials, and a subsequent offense is a lifetime disqualification.
How a DWI Attorney Supports Your Rights
Considering the above penalties and consequences of drunk driving, retaining skilled legal help is critical. A Bell County CDL drunk driving lawyer may be able to present defenses to the charges, such as contesting reasonable suspicion to pull you over or probable cause to arrest. There may also be issues with the breathalyzer or chemical test conditions, enabling you to get the results tossed out of the case.
The Law Office of Katie L. Gomez, PLLC will seek out all defenses and develop other strategies to fight DWI charges for CDL holders. We will support your rights by:
- Assessing the prosecutor’s evidence, including BAC test results;
- Representing you in connection with administrative proceedings;
- Advocating on your behalf at a trial; and
- Exploring opportunities to resolve the matter, such as through DWI probation.
Our Bell County CDL DWI Attorneys are Ready to Fight for Your Livelihood
An overview of drunk driving laws for CDL holders is useful, but you can see how retaining solid legal representation can help get a favorable outcome. The Law Office of Katie L. Gomez, PLLC advocates on behalf of clients in a wide range of criminal cases, so please contact us to learn how we can assist. You can call our Temple, TX firm at 254-330-3214 or complete an online form to set up a free consultation with a Bell County CDL drunk driving defense lawyer.